Power to the People bucanners assemble to challenge Emera’s profiteers
On June 7, crowds of protesters assembled wearing pirate gear near the location where Emera’s annual general meeting took place in Halifax. Upset with the utility’s management under private monopoly ownership, over 100 people gathered to sing their discontent. A crowd also gathered in Sydney to protest the private monopoly.
Visit the Power To the People campaign page for more photos
- The Coast: http://www.thecoast.ca/RealityBites/archives/2012/06/07/fight-the-power
- The Chronicle Herald: http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/104670-protesters-make-nsp-public
- CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/06/07/ns-emera-meeting-protest.html
- The Halifax Media Coop: http://halifax.mediacoop.ca/audio/talking-emerans/11216
- Open File: http://www.openfile.ca/halifax/blog/2012/protest-emera-meeting-calls-nova-scotia-power-be-public-utility
- Halifax Metro: http://reader.metronews.ca/digital_launch.aspx?id=6aff647c-434f-42bf-9ce2-f71976612b32&pnum=3
- Cape Breton Post: http://www.capebretonpost.com/News/Local/2012-06-07/article-3002942/Power-rate-request-sparks-protest/1
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.